Who needs culinary school??? Presenting Katia Child's Kitchen Catastrophe's

Join an inexperienced cook with the desire to develop my culinary skills in a journey of of laughs, fires and third degree burns :-)

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dec 6th "Chicken and Dumplings"

Dish: Chicken and Dumplings
Website: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Easy-Chicken-and-Dumplings/Print
Projected prep and cooking time: 30 minutes
Actual prep and cooking time: 65 minutes
Glasses of wine: 3

I have to say this dish turned out better than I expected. I know that most of you out there think Chicken and Dumplings is child's play and an animal with a brain the size of a pea could figure this out....but I would like to remind you that up until this point in my life I had enough take out menu's to wallpaper my living room and when I called the Chinese restaurant down the street just by looking at the caller id they knew my order. Absolutely no dialog required - they see the 972-951-#### number in the caller id(sorry I can't give out my real number due to pending stalking and restraining orders) and know that translates to Chicken Lo Mien and an order of Crab Rangoon's. What is also sad about that is they always send me the single order so I am pretty sure they have me identified as "the cat lady" but whatever....So......my point is cut me a little slack.
I have already identified why I am determined to stick with cooking no matter what. It just feels like a disservice to the food to not be drinking wine while prepping and cooking. (notice the use of the word "prepping" instead of "preparation"....I am already catching on to the kitchen lingo)....So here are some photo's of my cooking preparation along with my judges feedback. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment